1 Jul 2010

Quotes

The other day, my mentor and I discussed about the speeches made by eminent guests at our Boss’ farewell party. He mentioned some people made good use of quotes, and Szeto probably knew best. (see http://ccszeto.blogspot.com/2010/06/blog-post.html)

Well, I am ashamed to report “The mystery is history” that appeared in my blog last week was from Winnie the Pooh.

You may find this popular quote better: “The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That’s why it is called the present.” – Alice Morse Earle.

Along the same line, I like the Serenity Prayer by Reinhold Niebuhr.

“God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference.”

No comments:

Post a Comment