15 Jul 2010

World Cup

Another year of exciting World Cup games.

To be honest, I am interested in the games but seldom enthusiastic enough to stay up to watch in the middle of the night. The only exception is four years ago, when I worked in a lab in Beijing. When you stay with a group of postgraduate students most of the time, you have to pretend to be a youngster. Nevertheless, that was an interesting experience. I just cannot figure out how the Chinese football team can be so lousy when the whole nation is crazy about the game.

Since the time of Jürgen Klinsmann, I have been a supporter of the German team. Although the team does not have real stars and fails to obtain the trophy again after 1990, their performance and results are always respectable. It certainly reminds me of the importance of team work.

No comments:

Post a Comment