24 Jun 2010

Mystery

Last week, Angelina attended a Trinity College examination. Grades are not important, but it proves difficult not to be curious about what happened inside the room.

“What did the lady ask you?” I could not wait to ask.

“Well,” Angelina replied lightly, “she asked me a lot of questions. I cannot remember them now.”

Oh, one more mystery that would never be solved.

One day later, it was my postgraduate student’s turn. This time, I had to stay in the examination room. Inevitably, I heard questions that I could answer easily. It was trying to watch your own student hesitate and give obviously unconfident replies while you could not do anything. I could see why Ruud Gullit stepped in the football pitch as the player-manager of Chelsea FC, although that was not all too successful.

Maybe it is not unkind to keep parents out of examination rooms after all.

The mystery is history.

No comments:

Post a Comment