7 Jul 2011

Report

In the second week, I frankly explained to the students that I did not feel comfortable training doctors who never talked to patients. They made an appropriately frightened look and rushed to the bedside immediately.

While I never intended to fail them, LS further consolidated my decision. The students had to hand in a written case report everyday. One of her students wrote a masterpiece.

"An 80-year old lady was admitted because of decreased general condition. She was not communicable." The end.

Learning this, I hesitated no more and wrote an e-mail to the Chairman recommending all students from my group to be promoted to the next year.

On the last day of week two, a girl from my group called me as I was leaving after ward round.

"May I ask a question?"

"Sure."

"Do we still have to come next week?"

How wonderful. And they disappeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment